8 Steps to Crushing Your Goals in 4 Months
Sep 03, 2020
Do you remember when we thought the coronavirus was going to “be over” in a couple of weeks? Well…here we are six months later, still living in very challenging and uncertain times. Even with that, there are things that you can do to make sure that you remain consistent in working towards what you want in your life. Don’t allow 2020 to be a “wasted” year. We have four months left and a lot of great things can happen in four months.
Below I will walk you through a process that you can use to make the last four months of 2020, your best four months. Whether you want to lose weight, start or ramp up a business, improve a relationship, organize your home, learn something new or start a self-care routine that sticks…four months is plenty of time to get you well on your way.
Follow the steps below…the key is to take consistent action. Don’t keep stopping and starting. Instead, start and just keep going. Many people will classify this year as a “wash” and will do nothing that moves them forward for the next four months. In fact, many people will do things that move them backwards. Don’t let that be you. You owe it to yourself to come out of this year as a better version of yourself. I created a 3-page PDG Guide especially for you to help you with this process. You can download it HERE.
8 action steps for the next 4 months.
- Decide what you want to accomplish in the next 4 months. Do not pick more than 1-2 big goals and make sure they are specific. For example, your goal should not be “lose weight”. It should be “lose X pounds”. Your goal should not be, “increase my revenue”. It should be, “earn X dollars in the next 4 months”. You goal should not be, “have more energy”. It should be, “Feel more energized so that I can do more of _____”. The more specific you are, the more likely you will be to consistently work towards your goal.
- Be clear about WHY you want to accomplish your goal(s). Get really clear about why you want to accomplish your 1-2 goals. For example, don’t just say “lose 20 pounds”. Ask yourself WHY you want to lose 20 pounds. Is it to look different, feel different, for a specific event, to avoid health problems, to reverse health problems, to feel more confident, etc.? Your WHY will be very personal to you. The test to know if you have locked in your why is that you should be able to feel it when you say it. It should excite you and you should be able to physically feel it when you say it or think about it.
- Map out a plan for how you will get there. Look at the result you wish to achieve and work backwards. What will you need to accomplish each month and each week to get to your end result? Be realistic and as specific as possible about this.
- Write it down each week. Once you have your 4-month map, each week you should write out what you need to do daily to make sure you get the result you want. Schedule in the time and make it a priority.
- Plan for things that sidetrack you. We all have things that will sidetrack us from our goals. If you can plan for them and have a counterattack ready, you will be much more likely to stay on track. Think about the reasons why you have not achieved your goal(s) already. Is it hanging out with certain people? Is it getting caught up on social media? Is it binge watching Netflix? Is it allowing someone else’s negative voice in your head? Is it your own negative self-talk? Try to get really clear on what these things are, label them, expect them and then stay the course when they show up.
- Revisit your WHY. Each day you should take a minute to reflect on your WHY for wanting to achieve your goal. As a reminder, your WHY should be something you physically feel and connect with.
- Evaluate your progress. At the end of each week, evaluate your progress towards your goal(s). If you did not achieve what you thought you would, take the time to understand why and course correct.
- Plan for the days you don’t want to work towards your goal. Don’t fool yourself into thinking this will be an easy process. If it was, you would have already achieved your goal…am I right? So – plan for the days you will want to stop, or cut corners, or try to trick yourself into thinking you can take a break. What is the badass phrase you will tell yourself when you try to talk yourself out of sticking to your plan?
You have more control of your days and time than you think. Mindset will get you to your end result or will sabotage you from achieving what you say you want to achieve. If you go through the steps above, using the PDF Guide I made for you which you can download HERE, you will be well on your way to making the last 4 months of 2020 your best months of 2020 (and maybe even your best months ever!). If you stick to this process, the action you need to take to achieve your goal will become part of your daily routine.
Habits are so much easier to maintain then they are to form. Because if this, stick with this process early on and it will get easier over time. You’ve got this. I am your biggest cheerleader and I know you can finish the year strong.
Live your best boss lady life!
Stay connected to receive valuable new content and inspiration weekly!
Join the Karen Vincent Solutions mailing list to receive the latest news and updates to help you Live Your Best Boss Lady Life. Your information will not be shared.